When you arrive at Absinthe, the Green Fairy promises you filthy fun in a spotless venue. The design of our seating, serving, and performances have all been carefully adjusted for your safety.
The following policies and procedures comply with the latest guidelines and recommendations from the CDC and have been approved by local government agencies. By helping us follow these procedures, you will be able to enjoy the show in a way that is safe and comfortable for everybody involved.
So sanitize your hands, mask up, space out and let The Gazillionaire and his troupe of acrobats and reprobates entertain you.
Arriving, Distancing & Exiting
- Absinthe‘s spacious, outdoor lobby, The Green Fairy Garden, opens one hour before showtime. Only ticketed, screened guests will be admitted inside the Green Fairy Garden and/or spiegeltent.
- Guests must wear a mask or equivalent face covering at all times. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided. If you have a medical condition that precludes you from wearing a mask, a face shield will be provided. Guests may partially remove masks/face shields only while they are drinking.
- Floor markers indicate socially distanced areas to line up for the box office, main entrance and to enjoy pre-show drinks in the Green Fairy Garden.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the Green Fairy Garden and inside the spiegeltent for your use.
- Smoking and vaping is not permitted in the Green Fairy Garden or spiegeltent.
- Guests will be escorted into the spiegeltent in an orderly, staggered fashion. House managers will monitor this process to ensure all parties remain adequately distanced at all times.
- To leave during the show for any reason, you must exit the same way you entered.
- At the end of the show, guests will be instructed to exit the venue in a specific order to allow for proper social distancing.
- To allow for maximum social distancing, seating inside the spiegeltent has been significantly reduced and reconfigured, with single-party, all cabaret-style tables in place of the usual 660-capacity row-style seating. Only guests from the same party may be seated at the same table.
- Guests who purchase tickets in advance will receive an e-ticket or can download the AXS app to facilitate entrance. Have your e-ticket ready to show on your phone and proceed directly to the screening queue to enter the Green Fairy Garden, which opens one hour before showtime. There is no need to pick up tickets at the box office.
- Day-of-show tickets can be purchased online at spiegelworld.com. Cash is not accepted. The ticket agent will send e-tickets directly to the guest. Tickets can be printed if requested.
- Ushers will guide you through a brief symptom-screening process before you enter the Green Fairy Garden;
- You will be asked if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have had any exposure to someone that has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- You will be given a touchless temperature test. If an elevated temperature is detected, ushers will discretely direct you to a secondary screening location to verify the test.
- Those experiencing an elevated temperature or other COVID-19 symptoms will be denied entrance and given a takeaway packet with information from the CDC about dealing with symptoms, and directions for arranging a ticket exchange or refund.
If You Have Symptoms, Stay Home
- Please do not come to the show if you have COVID-19 symptoms including cough, fever or shortness of breath. Contact our box office at least two hours before showtime to discuss an exchange or refund. Phone 702.534.3419 or email email@example.com
Bar Service in the Green Fairy Garden
- While waiting to enter the spiegeltent, guests are required to maintain social distancing by standing in specially marked areas across the garden. Crowding or gathering around the bar is not permitted.
- Drinks purchased in the Green Fairy Garden bar may be brought into the spiegeltent when it opens.
Table Service Inside the Spiegeltent
- All tables have a QR code that can be scanned from your phone to access the bar menu. You can order from your table using the online menu or wait for your server.
- Bar service in the venue is cashless and a contactless device will be brought to your table for card payment. A printed receipt will be available upon request
- Public bathrooms are located just outside the Green Fairy Garden, next to Hell’s Kitchen. There are no bathrooms inside the venue.
- If you leave to use the bathroom during the show, an usher at the entrance gates will re-admit you upon your return. You will not need to be re-screened.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
- The venue is cleaned and disinfected with EPA-approved products before and after each performance. Special attention is given to high-touch surfaces like door handles and railings both inside and out.
- MicroGerm Disinfectant with an EPA-registered and approved antimicrobial coating is applied inside the venue. This coating actively prevents and controls the development and transfer of bacteria, viruses, mold, fungus, yeast and algae around the clock, once applied to a surface or textile (including the COVID-19 surrogate).
- The ventilation equipment inside the spiegeltent has been adjusted to allow the maximum amount of fresh air in the overall air mix.
- The HVAC filters have been upgraded to hospital grade MERV-13 filters that trap airborne particles as small as .3 microns.
- A Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization (NPBI) system made by Global Plasma Solutions (GPS) has been installed, designed to purify the air by eliminating airborne particulates, odors, and pathogens.
Spiegelworld Employee Training & Standards
Spiegelworld is committed to clear communication with our employees, as well as our guests. We have created enhanced employee training procedures including self-monitoring before coming to work and testing and screening procedures to maintain a healthy workplace. We have developed new standards for social distancing backstage, and require all employees to wear masks while in the workplace. We have also adopted standards in the event an employee is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19. Continued attention and adherence to all policies and procedures that protect both our guests and employees is our priority. Please see our Health & Safety Handbook [PDF] for more information.